ASTARTE owns long term experience in the structural analysis and fluid-dynamics investigation on components for on-shore and off-shore applications.
The embedded competencies are capable of supporting the oil & gas industry in a wide range of applications and phases including preliminary analysis, design, in-service operation, decommissioning. Off-design scenarios and accidental events are also investigated to assist the companies in managing critical scenarios and promoting adequate levels of safety.
ASTARTE skills in structural analysis and design include both experimental and numerical expertise which support the investigation and the assessment of oil&gas components:
- Strain-Based Design: strain capacity & strain demand
- plastic instability
- local / global buckling
- pipe-to-soil interaction
- off-shore pipeline reeling modeling
- acceptability of defective welds
- load carrying capacity
- bending deformability of lined pipes
- simulation of forming process
- influence of girth weld & weld overlay
- elastic & plastic collapse
Fluid dynamics plays a crucial role in many aspects related to the functioning of a plant for oil&gas applications. The evolution of the fluid behavior during transportation or transformation processes, the solicitations acted by the fluid on the structural components are typical examples of phenomena involved.
ASTARTE takes advantage of high skilled professionals incorporating experimental and numerical know-how:
- modeling of the internal fluid dynamics
- steady and transient phenomena
- real fluid modeling
- multi-phase fluid regimes
- fluid-structure interaction
- transportation and storage of non-conventional gas mixtures, e.g. CO2 based gas mixtures
- contaminant dispersion for hazard analysis in industrial plants
Design and assessment
Material characterization: testing plan, test execution and design according to most acknowledged international standards:
- natural gas transportation lines, ISO3183, API 5L, DNV-OS-F101, CSA-Z245.1, AS 2885.
- lines for non-conventional fluid transportation as CO2 based gas mixtures, DNV-RP-J202.
Ductile fracture control plan: material requirements for assuring an adequate effectiveness in leading a propagating crack to arrest (ISO3183 Annex G, DNV-OS-F101).
Other assessments: leak and rupture, global and local buckling, collapse due to external pressure, corrosion, free-span, as per API 1111, DNV-OS-F101, DNV-RP-F101, CSA-Z662.